I used to collect cookbooks. They were everywhere. Then along came the age of technology and being married to a computer guy, he insisted that the books had to go. His arguement was that everything I could ever need was right here at my computer saavy fingertips. Oh, how wrong he was. Everything I could ever need was right here in my handy handwritten recipe collections. You see, every time I ever found a "keeper", I entered it into a blank wire bound book that then became "the cookbook". My good friends all know "the cookbook", in fact I remember one ocassion a long time ago when a friend called asking for a recipe and I wasn't here. She had the good mind to explain to Dan where I kept it, what it looked like and where the receipe was that she was looking for.
Anyway, this recipe is one of the first ones that ever made it into "the book". It is a flank steak marinade. Why I like it so much is because what I do is when I bring the meat home from the butcher, I made the marinade immediately. I pour it into a zip lock bag, along with the meat, seal it and toss it in the freezer. It is perfect for those busy days when you just need to get something on the table. I can set it out to defrost or defrost it in the microwave if I'm in a hurry. All the while, it's marinating. It's also a great camping meal because you can throw it in the cooler while it's frozen and then when you're ready to grill it, wrap it in foil, toss it on the fire and there you go!
Marinated Flank Steak
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1 flank steak
Combine all the ingredients. Toss it in a large zip lock bag along with the meat and either refrigerate it to marinate several hours or overnight. You can also freeze it in the bag with the marinade and use it when you're ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have used your recipe for this for a long time... it is great!
Post a Comment